Thursday, May 15, 2014

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hi again, faithful readers!

Big news! I'm initiating kind of a grand re-opening of sorts on TGLM, by announcing the creation of That Guy Likes Comics, and Video Games!

With the creation of these two...let's call them "sub-blogs", I'm also planning on releasing at least one blog per week! PLEASE share this blog with all your friends, because if we grow in numbers enough, I'm planning on starting some YouTube video reviews as well!

With that, I'm gonna give you a quick rundown of what to expect from TGLC, and TGLVG!


That Guy Likes Comics:

I've made it no secret on my blog thus far that I'm a pretty big comic book junkie. While I'm not going to say that I've read every single ground-breaking series, I still love to discuss comic books as a whole.
In TGLC, I'll be reviewing graphic novels, single issues, and entire series, both new and old, as I read them. Reviews will analyze art style, writing, readability, length, and other key factors that affect overall enjoyment of comic books! Check back soon, as I'll be kicking off my reviews with James O'Barr's dark 1990's classic, "The Crow".

That Guy Likes Video Games:

Surprise! I like video games too! My poor wife has to listen to me drone on and on about how much I love them every time I play them, and I would love to share these discussions with like-minded people as well. So along with TGLC, check back often for video game reviews as well! Just like with movies and comics, I'll be reviewing anything from Atari and Famicom, to Playstation 4 and Xbox One, and everything in between! Similar to comics, multiple topics will be discussed, including graphics, playability, replayability, whether or not older games still hold up to nowadays, and many more topics! The first game I'll be writing about in the coming weeks will be the Sega Genesis classic "Kid Chameleon"!

I really want to build this into something that is just as fun for you to read as it is for me to write, so I encourage you all to comment or message me with your thoughts, opinions, and even suggestions on what you think I should watch, read, or play!

And of course, the title of the blog will still be "That Guy Likes Movies", and don't expect to see a lack of movie reviews!

So be sure to share with friends, and I hope you enjoy the new additions!
















No comments:

Post a Comment